Waiting...

Waiting to hear from BYU Idaho
I am a compulsive email checker. I've never understood those who go for weeks on end without checking their email. I get anxious if I haven't checked my email in 24 hours. Of course, I have enough important emails that I need to check it daily, but I take it to the far extreme sometimes.

After getting rejected from BYU last week, I've been extra diligent in making sure I don't miss anything from BYU-Idaho, but I'm surprisingly not the slightest bit anxious about things. I'm not worried about getting in, but I don't like the unknown. I want to know the end from the beginning, and that's not the way life works, and my subconscious has come to terms with that.

My mom, however, has been asking me 20 times a day if I've been accepted. She'll ask "have you heard?" and I won't even process the question, because it isn't on my mind at all. But evidently it's on hers.

It is getting pretty late to be hearing from them, so I should hear on Monday, but in the meantime, I'll have to find something exciting to keep myself busy with!

No comments:

Post a Comment