Adobe Illustrator Alphabet for Designers

I still consider myself a relative newbie to being a "designer." And by "designer," I consider that to mean someone who is creating designs to serve a purpose that have some level of professionalism to them. I've been using Adobe Illustrator for less than a year, and I don't see myself going back now. I used to use paint.net, which was the best free tool I could find for what I wanted to do, but my design skills have grown exponentially since switching to Illustrator. I've been able to spend more time as a designer and less time on the trivial details.

But the trivial details still get in the way sometimes. Sometime after I started using it, I learned about the keyboard shortcuts. There is a myriad of shortcuts that speed things up immensely. I began keeping a little cheat sheet with all the keyboard shortcuts, in case I forgot any of them. I now consider myself pretty fluent in Illustrator shortcuts, but a cheat sheet for reference still doesn't hurt.

And thus was born the Adobe Illustrator Alphabet. If you're going to learn any shortcuts, it would be these. In some big projects with a ton of back and forth, these have literally cut my time in half. This quick infographic is super helpful to have on hand for projects.

Adobe Illustrator Alphabet -- Keyboard shortcut ABC's for beginner designers


No comments:

Post a Comment